Monday, April 28, 2008

Introduction

This past weekend I wast at Monocacy National Battlefield Park and met a visitor from Washington State. We got to talking about the battlefield and as I was a local, I was pointing out the pertinent sites to the battle and throwing in some of the local and railroad history. It turns out this visitor was a historian with the Washington State Park System and he asked, "Do you do historical intrepretation?" I replied no, and he said, "Well, what you're doing now, it's historical interpretation."

That comment lodged in my head for a while and I've realized that there's a lot of railroad history out in the wide wide world here that has no interpretation. So, I've decided to create a blog where I can do that.

So, now I'm going to get things ready for my first post.

No comments: